Skola toys provides quality wooden toys for children. A lot of the toys are montessori inspired and designed by experts in early education space. Here is our experience of using the memory game by Skola toys.Take a look at how skola memory game can keep kids entertained for hours together. Click To Tweet
SKOLA MEMORY GAME
Memory game is one of the first games most kids are introduced to. We have some memory game sets in our home and the issue I find with them is storing the cards. With the Skola memory game, there was no need to find a separate box to store the cards.
The design of the memory game is unique. The game comes with 3 wooden boards printed on both sides. Each side has pictures based on a particular theme. The game comes with a box with 3 slots to store the game boards. When you play, you insert the board you want to play in the first slot. The game is beautifully designed in such a way that, once the board is inserted in the first slot, the players can see the pictures on the card.
HOW TO PLAY THE GAME?
To play the game, you cover the pictures with the knobbed circles that fit perfectly in the circular space.
The first player takes out two knobs. If the pictures under the knobbed circles match, the player gets a point. If it does not, the next player gets a chance to play.
SKILLS IN FOCUS
Skola toys believe that toys are meant to be age appropriate as the maximum benefit from a toy is obtained only when presented at the right time in the child’s development cycle. This is the basis for the Skola learning grid which maps the areas of development and the age the child needs to use the child. Every Skola toys falls in one or more of the cells in the learning grid and address specific learning areas within each area of development.
Every toy comes with an instruction manual that clearly marks the areas of learning grid that the toy maps on to.Did you know: The skola memory game improves the fine motor skills, cognitive skills, social skills and vocabulary Click To Tweet
The memory game toy focusses on the following skills
- fine motor skills – Holding the circular knobs help improve the pincer grip which is important in developing the fine motor skills.
- social skills – The game is best played as group. When kids play with their friends, it improves their social skills.
- Cognitive – The kids have to remember the location, its visual and find the corresponding matching pair. This improves their memory.
- Vocabulary – The kids get to learn the names of different pictures on the board.
WHAT I LIKED ABOUT THE TOY
- It is well made, sturdy and made of good quality wood.
- There are no rough edges that would hurt the child
- There is no need for a separate storage container to store the parts.
- The design is very innovative and it is very interesting for the kids to play.
- The pictures are based on themes and there are a total of six themes. This provides an opportunity for the child to know the names of different objects related to the theme and hence improves vocabulary
- The game is perfect for parents and kids to play together.
How to repurpose the game?
The skola toys game is designed such that it can be used not just as a memory game but can be used to teach other concepts as well.
You can use the game boards to ask questions
I have given some sample questions below
- I spy a guitar
- Point me to the object that begins with the letter T
- How many string instruments can you find?
- What ball do you use when you play foot ball
- Point me to the shape that has 3 sides.
Here is a video review of the game and the giveaway rules:
One lucky winner gets to take home a SKOLA memory game. You need to complete 3 simple tasks to participate in the giveaway
- Subscribe to my youtube channel
- Complete this short survey.
- Tag 5 friends on the facebook post and share the post on your timeline
Once you have completed the 3 steps, comment “done” on the facebook post.
This summer holidays, engage your kids with Purple Bee activity kits. Learn more about them here.